STANFORD, where Shakespeare's Avon flows gently through the Park, has been the home of the Cave family, ancestors of the present owner Nicholas Fothergill, since 1430.
In the 1690s, Sir Roger Cave commissioned the Smiths of Warwick to pull down the old Manor House and build the present Hall, which is a fine example of their work and of the William and Mary period.
"We are privileged to be the custodians of such a rare and beautiful 17th Century Estate. It is an exciting challenge and we are grateful for the support of English Heritage and Natural England in the collaboration over its regeneration, restoration and care." - Nicholas Fothergill
Built in the time of William and Mary, the Hall is surrounded by ancient parkland rich in natural history and beauty and a further 900 acres.